- Spicy food
- Fried food
- Chicken – KFC or otherwise
- Blankets that haven’t been washed and dried that morning
- Cat poop
- Mint toothpaste – currently using strawberry flavour baby toothpaste
- Washing up liquid
- Air freshener
Thinks I do like the smell of, in no particular order:
- The inside of a pampers clean nappy, I mean shoving my nose in there and breathing deeply. The only reason nappy time is now a joy.
- Mojo’s stinky feet, and I mean the post shoes and sock, hot day, running around baby sweaty feet.
- Me. M’s neck (the rest of him – not so much)
- Outside – Rain preferable
Things that usually happen
- I need to chew sponge. Not your average victory sponge but a bath sponge – Yummy.
So now we are ten weeks along, we have a scan coming up. At every scan I’ve ever had my heart beats so hard I can barely catch my breath on the table, I shake and I am so nervous I can barely concentrate. In the back of my mind I am waiting to hear something shocking, something world changing. My last scan with Mojo, the lovely lady made a joke that she couldn’t locate Mojo’s arm, it looked ‘as if it was floating’ – WHAT? ‘Don’t worry, it’s impossible’.
It’s normal to have these fears, it’s normal to worry.
It’s just difficult to keep it within the limits of not insane.