- What size is it I am plused from?
- If ‘size’ clothing goes up to say a 16 then 16 and over is ‘plus sized’ or is it from 0? In which case we are all ‘plus size’
- Who decided where the start point of ‘size’ is?
- Can size 0 go into a ‘no size’ section? Some people don’t think 0 is not a number, right?
- If the national average is 16 then why do some shops stock it in the ‘plus size’ section?
- Why is it normally at the back of the store? Do swarms of fatties like me buying clothes put ‘size’ people off their shopping?
- Why do they all have strange names for these ‘plus size’? Is it because ‘Hammock Size’ isn’t really okay to use?
- I don’t understand the cut on things. The T-shirt in ‘size’ section will have a waist definition, in ‘plus size’ it’s like a teepee with arm holes, and that is only if you can get it in the same style to begin with.
- Why do they all have strange patterns? I don’t like to wear curtains, and equally I see strange wolf prints and tiny lace trim. ‘Plus size’ does not mean we don’t have taste (clearly you need to see a ‘plus sized’ blog or two)
- Could the ‘size’ section be called the ‘Minus Size’ bit?
And I shouldn’t have read it but I saw an article linked from the DailyFail and one of the bullet points was:
Plus size models who range from a UK size 14 to size 22 are changing the face of fashion
Size 14 is plus sized now? I no longer understand the variable in this. I also read about a thing called ‘Skinny Fat’, this is when you are say a 12 but might have a tummy or muffin top. So even if you are slender you might be called fat! Shocking.
While the article it’s self is actually a really positive step forward and I refuse to link to it – you can google it, I can’t help feeling like next week we will be back to having size zero diets, new fads, new pills and a new way to go from being ‘plus sized’ to ‘super skinny jeans’ shoved down our throats.
The fact that a ‘plus sized’ model has made the front page of anything is just an example of the fact that we are still not in a place where being anything other than ‘size’ is acceptable, and that is pretty sad.
Can someone please tell me, what is plus size anyway?