Quitting smoking can be a challenge for many of us and it’s sometimes nice to be able to get some quick and easy tips.
There are a few things that could help you on your way to being cigarette free for good.
Top 5 Tips to Quit Smoking
- Look at the periods during the day when you tend to smoke. Prepare for that by having minty gum, a book, or some hard boiled sweeties – something to keep you occupied during your normal habit routine.
- Treat yourself to a new perfume – if you no longer smoke you’ll be able to smell the perfume properly – and so can people around you. Bonus. Your clothes will smell fresher for longer, and that lovely bubble bath or shower cream you’ve use will actually smell nice too!
- Try switching to an e-cigarette, there are some brilliant innovations now which can help you make the switch seamlessly. If you need help with to buy they have a chat box too, so you can get the kit that will work best for you.
- Keep your hands busy with a fidget cube/spinner, or take up a new hobby like drawing, painting or writing. Finding something not only to occupy your time, but you’ll be producing something great too.
- Work out how much you spend on smoking a week, what could that buy at the end of the week? What about the end of the month? What about if you put away that £8 a day for a whole year?! Can anyone say holiday time? (if you smoke 20 a day, you’ll be spending 2 thousand quid a year on your habit – enough for a lovely holiday, house renovations or just extra spending money week on week).