We are in the middle of peak holiday season and for many of us, that means boarding planes, trains and automobiles and heading off to spend a week or two relaxing. While the days are long and lovely, the nights can cause us a few problems. When it comes to sleeping we can often miss our home comforts.
Here are a few top tips to make your holiday nights dreamy.
- Be sure to take your favourite loungewear. Simple things like your favourite jogging bottoms and comfy t-shirt put us in the home comfort mental state. On more than one occasion I’ve treated myself to new p.js and they just haven’t had the cosy home feel of my old ones. So now I make sure to pack the ones I relax in most.
- Eye Mask. Countless times I have slept in a hotel without blackout curtains, and woken up as soon as the sunlight hits the window. No thank you. I use a Tempur Sleepmask, it’s soft, wide and adjustable. Simply meaning I can get complete dark and sleep for the amount I need to. I LOVE these for travelling on planes and in the car too.
- Don’t stray too far from your sleep routine at home. Usually bath or shower before bed? Be sure to keep that going. Our routines are integral to feeling at home and being able to relax.
- Travel pillows are a god send. Me and the girls all have one each for while we travel and when we arrive. I use a Tempur Comfort Travel Pillow, it’s small enough to pack in my suitcase or carry on case, soft enough to provide real comfort and easy to wash. The girls have neck pillows, that clip on and off. Again, they’re soft, light and easy to pack.
- Sleepy tea or warm milk. Even a light snack can be brilliant, something like a banana is ideal. Banana’s contain Magnesium, Potassium and Amino Acid Tryptophan (helps produce serotonin and melatonin) – the perfect addition to your pre-sleep routine.
Keep these tips in mind next time you head off on a travel adventure and ensure you get the best sleep possible.
‘This post is in conjunction with Tempur® but all thoughts are my own’