Not everyone enjoys the process of removing hair, I however have always preferred to have smooth legs and pits. I feel fresher afterwards but it has taken years to get to this point. I have tried many different methods over the years. Everything from hair removal creams to waxing.
I have now got a process that I really enjoy.
How to Get Silky Smooth Legs:
- Make sure your bath or shower is nice and warm, and that you have been in there at least 15 minutes. This makes it less likely that you will get nicks from a razor because the hair will be softer and the follicles will be open too.
- Lather up with a really moisturising shower cream. I opt for a creamy one with coconut oil or coconut http://nygoodhealth.com extract in. Try to avoid bars of soap and this can cause friction rather than lubrication. If you get stuck hair conditioner will be a fine substitute.
- Invest in a good razor. There is nothing worse than a cheap disposable razor. I use a lovely razor that I take care in maintaining and replacing blades as often as needed.
- That brings us neatly to the next point – replace your blades!
- Shave WITH the grain of the hair, then follow-up with an against. If you go against the grain of the hair first you are more likely to get a nick or have the razor drag against your skin.
- Follow your shower with a deeply nourishing body cream or body butter to help sooth your skin after shaving.